One very important detail that is not to be overlooked in your wedding planning is what your bridesmaids will wear. But if you are like me and aren’t exactly into the matchy-matchy, bridesmaid dresses can take a slight bit more coordination (especially if your bridesmaids are split up across the country). I’ve combined a few tips I’ve learned along the way to putting together a not so typical bridesmaid dress look.
1. Coordinate Colour: Pick various tones of one colour and coordinate your dresses around that. Just be sure the tones compliment each other.
2. Pick a Theme: Sometimes to coordinate, all it takes is a theme to pull it together. For example, a bohemian vibe creates an overall feel to pull the combination of dresses together.
3. All the Same Length: Keeping hemlines the same creates a cohesive feel.
4. Choose the Same Designer: Often, designers create collections that already piece together nicely. Choose a few dresses from one designer and most of the work is already done for you.
5. Communicate: This step is key! If you can’t get all your bridesmaids together as a group to pick their dresses, make sure you are in communication with them before any decisions are made. Get your bridesmaids to send you photos of their dress options in natural light (that way it remains fairly realistic and consistent across all images). Put these photos into a grid as it allows you get an idea of what the dresses will look like put together.
All images via Pinterest.